Sunday 6 March 2011

Training myself on Photoshop :)

Experimenting with different colour changes


Different effects

'Threshold' - Another effect

Use of the 'Magnetic Lasso Tool'

Adding text to a picture with further enhancements on the text

Photoshop is a widely used photo editing program used in big industries including the music industry. 
Before moving onto making my CD cover and 6side digipak for my unsigned artist, I needed to familiarise myself with Photoshop and its features. Spending a few hours exploring Photoshop, I realised anything is possible! Manipulating a photo is so easy and so effective when trying to appeal to audiences to make it catchy to the eye. The 'Filters' and 'Adjustments' menu offered many ways to make the chosen photo look more colourful, interesting, enhanced and so much more. The Magnetic Lasso Tool was one of my favourites. It allows you to cut out particular parts of an image more accurately instead of freely where you may pick up parts of the picture you don't want. 
After spending a while testing out the features of Photoshop, I wanted to start creating my CD cover and digipak!

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff, Zara. You're now up to date - with clear evidence of drafting your designs. I also like the post about Photoshop techniques: you will be able to link this to the 'Evaluation' questions about using new technology.

    ReplyDelete